Welcome to my little corner of the web. I’m glad you stopped by!
I’m an experienced educator driven to help others. Because I’ve enjoyed a multitude of experiences, I come to the classroom with an open mind and a patient spirit. Here you’ll learn a little bit about me. Be sure to click on my social media links to the right! I’d love the opportunity to connect with you.
- Undergraduate: Secondary English and Speech Education, University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh
License: Professional Educator 5 Year (1320 Speech & 1300 English, MS/HS)
- Masters: Technology in Education, Lelsey University, Cambridge, MA
- Assessment, Technology, and Literacy Support Specialist for the Platteville School District (current)
- Instructor in the School of Education at the University of Wisconsin – Platteville (current)
- Taskstream (Assessment tool) Coordinator
- edTPA Coordinator
- Communications Instructor, Southwest Technical College
- Technology Coordinator, New Glarus Schools
- 8-12th Grade English and Speech Teacher, Seymour Community School District
- PDP Team Member
- Google for Education Certified Trainer
- Google for Education Innovative Educator
- Certified Verbal Defense and Influence Instructor,
Vistelar, Milwaukee, WI
Additional Relevant Training:
- “Strategies for Surviving an Active Shooter.” Vistelar Online Training. May 2016.
- “Staff, This is a Lockdown.” Crisis Reality Training at Shullsburg High School. May 5, 2015.
- “Active Shooter: What You Can Do.” FEMA: Emergency Management Institute Online Training. December 13, 2014.
- Collaborative Partnership for PBIS Success: UW-Platteville and Platteville Middle School. International Society for Technology in Education international conference. June 2016. – Pending
- Let’s Use the Green Screen. Wisconsin Educational Media Technology Association state conference. April 2016.
- Remind.com: A Quick Way to Reach Students. LTDC Virtual Showcase. University of Wisconsin Systems. April 2016.
- Using Google Drive and Other Google Tools to Facilitate Learning. LTDC Virtual Showcase. University of Wisconsin Systems. April 2016.
- Let’s Use the Green Screen! LTDC Virtual Showcase. University of Wisconsin Systems. April 2016.
- Social Media: The Front-Runner in Business Communication. Guest Lecturer. Business Communications (George Smith). March 15, 2016.
- Preparing Students for the edTPA. Design of the Mini-edTPA Portfolio. NAPDS National Conference. March 2016.
- Supporting Students through the Videotaping Process. Wisconsin edTPA Implementation Conference. February 2016.
- Using Technology to Augment STEM. UW-Platteville Summer STEM Workshops. July 2015.
- Google Maps Blows my Mind. Wisconsin Council of Social Studies Conference, Madison, WI. March 2015.
- Using Google to Manage Your Classroom. Midwest Google Summit. Wisconsin Dells, WI. October 2014.
- Teach it in Ten. Tips for Teaching Skills in 10 Minutes or Less. National Beyond Conflict Conference. Louisville, KY. November 2014.
- Guiding Digital Natives On Their Own River: Responding and Adapting to the Challenge of Teaching Social Media in the Classroom (Panel Presentation) International Association of Business Communication Conference New Orleans, LA–October 2013
- Technology Tools to Inspire Collaboration International Association of Business Communication Conference New Orleans, LA–October 2013
- LinkedIn for College Students. Southwest Tech, Fennimore, WI–Fall 2013
- Collaboration Tools. Wisconsin Technical College Tech Expo, Lakeshore Technical College in Cleveland, WI–May 2013
- Using Social Networking for Professional Development, Wisconsin Technical College Tech Expo, Lakeshore Technical College in Cleveland, WI. May 2013
- Technology Tools to Inspire Collaboration. Midwestern/Southwestern Association Business Communication Conference in Louisville, KY. March 2013
- Personal Productivity Tools, Southwest Tech in Fennimore, WI. May 2013
- Personal Productivity Tools, Southwest Tech in Fennimore, WI. January 2013
- iPad Apps for Early Childhood. Lindsey Hollingsworth’s Pre-K Methods of Cognitive Development at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville, Platteville, WI. October 2012
- College & Career Readiness Panel. Panel Presenter at CESA 3 in Fennimore, WI. October 2012
- Using Google Sites to Create Online Portfolios. Wisconsin Technical College Expo in Rice Lake, WI. May 2012
- Second Life for Professional Development. Wisconsin Educational Media & Technology Association Conference in Madison, WI. March 2011
- Second Life for N00bs. Virtual Presenter at the International Society for Technology in Education Conference in Philadelphia, PA. June 2011
- Blogging for Professional Reflection. Wisconsin School Leaders Advancing Technology in Education Conference in Wisconsin Dells, WI. December 2011
- Second Life for N00bs. International Society for Technology in Education Conference in Denver, CO. June 2010
- What is so Smart About a Smartboard? Wisconsin Business Educators Association Conference in Stevens Point, WI. September 2009
- Twitter for Teachers. After School Workshop Session, Seymour Community High School in Seymour, WI. January 2010
- 15 Web 2.0 Tools to Use in the Classroom. Wisconsin Communication Conference in Stevens Point, WI. October 2009
- SMART Board use in the Classroom and Moodle Use for Teachers. Wisconsin Business Educators Conference in Stevens Point, September 2009
- Blogging for Teachers. Seymour Community High School in Seymour, WI. June 2008
- Voicethread in the Classroom. Seymour Community High School in Seymour, WI.
- Moodle in the Classroom. Seymour Community High School in Seymour, WI.
June 2008 & 2007
- Moodle for Science Teachers. Seymour Community High School in Seymour, WI.
- SMART Board use in the Classroom. CESA 7 in Green Bay, WI. Spring 2005
- SMART Board use in the Classroom. WASB~WASDA~WASBO Joint Convention in Milwaukee, WI. January 2006
- Dreamweaver for Teachers. Seymour Community High School in Seymour, WI. June 2005