English 10-Lord of the Flies Name: _____________________________
1. What rule does concerning the conch is made?
2. What does Piggy attempt to call the group's attention to?
3. How does the talk of the "beasties" affect the boys?
4. At this time, Ralph says the boys appear to have 2 goals. What are they?
5. How does the group react to Ralph's suggestion that they build a fire? How does Piggy describe their actions?
6. How does Piggy treat a small boy? What does that tell us about Piggy?
7. How do they manage to start the fire?
8. What responsibility has Jack taken on for his choir?
9. What goes wrong? Do you see any symbolism here? What is going on in the adult world at the time?
10. Who is missing?
Think about this&ldots;No need to answer: 2 things should catch your attention. 1.) What the characters symbolize and 2.) How the titles of the chapters show elements of foreshadowing.