English 10-Lord of the Flies Name: _____________________________
Chapter 12 Study Guide
1. What does it mean (and who was the character) "whose image refused to blend with that ancient picture of a boy in shorts and shirt? Explain why Golding writes this.
2. Why is it ironic as to why the boys were being evacuated from their homes in the first place?
3. What information does Ralph get from Sam and Eric?
4. What does it mean when "Roger sharpened a stick at both ends?"
5. Explain Ralph's actions when he faces the Lord of the Flies?
6. How does Ralph avoid being killed? What are his strategies? Look closely at this. It trips people up every time.
7. What are his opposition's strategies for getting him out of the thicket?
8. Who arrives at the end of the novel?
9. Give one quote from the ending-something that will stick with you as being rememberable. Give a page reference. Explain why you chose that quote.