English 10-Lord of the Flies Name: _____________________________
Chapter 11 Study Guide
1. Why does Ralph think that "dressing like they were" would assist them in dealing with Jack?
2. How does the contrast of the paint and smoke on page 173 symbolize the two forces that are motivating the boys?
3. How does Golding subtly begin to portray Jack's group as heathen?
4. Why were the boys so scared of the war paint?
5. Why didn't Ralph want to tie his hair back?
6. Describe what happened when Ralph and Jack confront each other about Piggy's glasses?
7. What happened to Piggy and the conch? List the events.