English 10-Lord of the Flies Name: ____________________________________
Study Guide 1
1. How did the boys end up on the jungle island?
2. Describe Ralph's physical features and also his reaction to being on the island. List at least 3 attributes.
3. Describe Piggy's physical features and also his reaction to being on the island. List at least 3 attributes.
4. How does Ralph respond to Piggy's practical suggestions to have a meeting?
5. How does Ralph think they will be rescued?
6. What had Piggy overhead the pilot saying?
7. How does Ralph attract the other boys on the island? What does he do?
8. How do the younger boys act when they get there?
9. Describe the way Jack and his band of choirboys looked as they came toward the assembled group. List at least 3 attributes.
10. How does Jack treat the others?
11. What conflict soon arises? How is it solved?
12. What does Ralph do to make Jack feel better? What is compromised?
13. What is the purpose of the expedition of Jack, Ralph, and Simon?
14. How does Simon describe the unusual buds on the bushes?
15. Why hadn't Jack been able to kill the pig?